SAP’s latest tools and technologies, two experts and a bunch of smart, curious developers: these are the ingredients of our hands-on Dev2Dev series. Created by developers for developers, the webinars provide you with all the insights – and all the nitty-gritty – you need to get the most out of the latest SAP technology! On October 25: getting started with the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP).
Get acquainted with the newest programming model in ABAP
The ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model, the core ABAP-based technology foundation in S/4HANA, offers developers an efficient way to build enterprise-ready, SAP HANA-optimized, OData-based Fiori UI services and Web APIs in the cloud as well as on-premise. Are you an experienced ABAP developer looking to adopt SAP’s newest programming model? Or just curious about everything you can do with RAP? Our experts, Michael and Stijn will get into it all!
Meet the experts:
- Michael De Poorter is a programmer with a focus on ABAP and integration, who is fascinated by the possibilities of the new RESTful Application Programming Model.
- Stijn Puttemans, on the other hand, is one of Flexso’s go-to-people for Fiori Elements and has already worked on several projects that make use of RAP.
What to expect during this session?
After a short introduction to RAP, Michael and Stijn will guide you through its possibilities, illustrate with use cases and, most importantly, show you how you can build an app with the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model. In time for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, we will build an app to predict match outcomes! You will learn about the development tools to use, what programming languages are needed and which frameworks are in place.
The program in a nutshell:
- Create enterprise-ready Fiori UI services and Web API's in the cloud as well as on-premise
- using the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model
- using a managed scenario
- using Eclipse as IDE
- Explore the possibilities and customer cases
- Discover where to find the best information to continue your ABAP RAP journey
October 25 – 12:00 noon
The session will take about 40 minutes.
Who can attend?
These webinars are invaluable to every SAP developer.
Flexso events and webinars: stay tuned!
Subscribe to our e-news for the latest SAP and innovation insights.
This event is not available in English. You can read the full event in the following language: